This Canadian actress became popular with her “Wynonna Earp” appearance from 2016, a fit she repeated in “The Frankie Drake Mysteries” TV series in 2018. Her modeling work started when she was thirteen, and recognition accorded her in the industry resulted in her later participation in movies and television series. She enjoys a large following, but like many actresses, continues to appear a mystery, and they would like to know more about the star. What motivated her to push harder to succeed in her role, even with her pregnancy when most actresses would have thrown in the towel? What was her upbringing like? Is she married and who is the lucky guy? In this episode, we bring you authoritative information about Melanie, the actress with a difference! Please enjoy reading…
Who is Melanie Scrofano?
Her full name is Melanie Neige Scrofano, and she is an actress famous for her roles in “Being Erica”, Tia in “The Listener”, October in “Pure Pwnage” and the television series “Wynonna Earp”. She is a Canadian born in Ottawa, Ontario on 20 December 1981, to a mother with multiple ethnicities sharing French, Italian and Canadian descent. Her father is an engineer by profession while her mother is a Canadian government employee.
Early life and education
She was raised in Ottawa, and had her schooling in her home town, and also started modeling at an early age. There is little information about her education, and while we are aware she attended early schools in the Canadian education system, there is more information about her involvement in modeling at an early age.
Before her showbiz career, she first worked selling ice cream. Following that, she started with modeling jobs, meantime her acting agent was prospecting for an acting role for her, and her first breaker came in 2002 setting her up for a successful life in showbiz.
Her career life currently counts over 45 television series in which she took prominent roles, and she has 12 movies to her credit. Below are a few of her roles in both on TV series and in films:
- 2002 – “Undressed” (TV show), a six-season television series with Melanie in the role of Isobel, created and produced by Roland Joffe, a Briton, also as executive director.
- 2005 – “Beautiful People” (TV Show), an American family drama series of 16 episodes which debuted 8 August 2005 and ended 24 April 2006.
- 2008 – “Baby Blues” (Movie), the story involving Josie Patterson trying to restart her life following a terrible event, securing a job at a small settlement.
- 2010 – “Pure Pwnage” (TV Show), in which Melanie featured, a fictional series which showcases the life and adventures of Jeremy, a self-proclaimed pro gamer. The web series began airing on Showcase, a Canadian cable television channel, but wasn’t picked up for a second season.
- 2012 – “The Conspiracy” (Movie) tells the story of two documentary filmmakers who set out to create a film about a conspiracy theorist, and are drawn into the world of a global syndicate whose aims are clouded in secrecy.
- 2014 – “Uncommon Enemies” (Movie), involves a chatterbox and a tough US Sergeant forced to team up to eliminate a sexy, French damsel Vampire in war-torn France.
- 2018 – “Birdland” (Movie), the account of an ex-cop who hides closed circuit television cameras in her home, and watches her husband’s sins, becoming a voyeur of her own life.
- She won the E! Award’s Girl on Top category where she was nominated for her work in “Wynonna Earp” in 2017. Melanie was top three fans Choice award for Canadian Screen Awards in the year 2018.
There is very little information about her love life, children and upbringing. However, we know that she is married to a man named Jeff and they have two sons, the older named Harry born on 1 April 2013, and the second son was welcomed on 18th of April 2017, but the couple haven’t revealed his name.
The actress has appeared on several magazine covers around the world to flaunt her apparently super-sexy and slim body. Her vital statistics are 34-25-35, and wears bra size 34B. She is 5ft 8ins in height, and weighs around 120 lbs (54kgs). Her dress size is 4 (US) while her shoe size is 9 (US).
Co-stars. The Pre-production calm before the Production STORM.
She consistently uses social media, with a huge fan base of over 200,000 on Instagram and more than 100,000 followers on Twitter.
She is trilingual, speaking English, French and Italian fluently.
Scrofano’s career has compensated her handsomely financially, having been active both on the television and films from 2002 to date. Authoritative sources estimate that her net worth is over $1 million as of mid-2019, and still counting.